Screaming Owl - False Advertising! Color is Off!

Update added by user Mar 21

When I sent an e-mail countering their monitor display theory, they simply copied and pasted their same original response. No resolution here. :(

Update added by user Mar 15

Received a response today...their excuse is "As noted in the item's description, each monitor might display the color differently." They offered a store gift card for the item's price excluding shipping.

I don't believe their excuse. If the monitor was causing variations in color, then the whole outfit should have been affected, not just the tulle. And now they want me to spend more money to ship it back just to receive a store credit I might never use minus the shipping I previously paid.

I responded back to them saying this.It looks like I am stuck with the dress and I will just have to try and alter it myself.

Original review posted by user Mar 11

I ordered this Shabby Chic dress for Easter from Screaming Owl.I just received it and I am so upset about the color.

In the picture, the tulle bottom looked to be closely matched to the top section but it is not. The tulle is more of a yellowish color while the background of the fabric for the top section is bright white. It does not look right at all and now I don't know what I am supposed to do. I submitted a request to the them, but they never responded to my last one concerning the shipping time so I am doubtful they will respond to this one either.

I feel like I just wasted my money.

If I would have known that the tulle was going to be this off in color, I would not have ordered it.They should post accurate representations of their products.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Product i recieved

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Screaming Owl Shabby Chic Dress
Review category
Kids' Stores
review #807741 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Screaming Owl? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 11 #1143198

I had the same issue. Yellow tutu, white at the top. Plus the bow is much smaller than the one in their ad. The tutu is also sewn on crooked, noticeably so. And they did not even ship it until the day AFTER Easter. They then blocked me from their FB page, deleting my posts when I made negative comments. Horrible company.

1 0 Reply

Mar 14 #1127448

I ordered this dress and still haven't received it. I'm not happy at all. I will be giving a bad review also.

2 1 Reply

Mar 14 #1127288

I ordered this same dress on 1/2 and it has not even shipped yet. Now I don't know if I will get what I ordered. :( you can always dispute it with your CC company. I know I will if I am not happy with it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.