Screaming Owl - Buyer Beware

76 of 323 Screaming Owl reviews

Update added by user Apr 27

I am marking this as resolved since my CC has been credited the full amount.This only happened because of my persistence.

It shouldn't be so hard to resolve a customer service and product quality issue. My order clearly arrived late, and was not as advertised.

I stand by my advice to steer clear of Screaming Owl.I have unsubscribed and blocked their emails and have blocked them from my FB feed.

Update added by user Apr 14

After a few emails (which were very condescending on their part) where they continued to offer a store credit and I continued to decline it they have told me they are refunding my money.I will wait until I see the credit on my account before I mark it as resolved.

If I had not been so persistent it would not have happened.I want no further communication from them and will unfollow their FB page and unsubscribe from their emails once my account is credited.

Update added by user Apr 14

I received the dress today, 3 days after Easter.The fabric quality is better than I expected after reading other reviews, but the color is way off.

The tutu skirt is most definitely yellow, not the bright white depicted in their original as. I am trying to upload a side by side picture of what I received and the ad. I also received an email today apologizing and offering a store credit without the need to return the dress.

I declined the store credit and requested a refund because we ended up purchasing another dres, and this one is not as advertised.And due to the fact I never plan to order from them again therefore a store credit is useless to me.

Update added by user Mar 30

Update added by user Mar 29

I cannot provide a link as once a se ends they remove the link from their site.IF I ever receive the item I wi update info as to quality.

My complaint is in regards to their shipping time and customer service.As well as the inability to post reviews to their page due to them blocking negative comments in order to drive sales.

Original review posted by user Mar 28

I ordered the Shabby Chic TuTu dress on January 2nd.It was promoted as an Easter dress.

I read about their "unique" process of placing a bulk order then shipping. In early March I inquired about my order. 4 days later they responded that there had been a one week delay. I sent a follow up inquiry a few days later and they said shipping would be complete the first week of March (it was already 3/8) and it would arrive in time for Easter.

They said I would receive a shipping notification in the next few days. I did not get a notification. They were then non responsive to my follow up inquiries. I commented about my experience on their FB page warning potential buyers.

I just got a shipping notification today that it had shipped, the day AFTER Easter. (I believe this was on purpose). The moment they notified me of shipping they blocked me from their FB page, deleting all of my comments. This is their practice when anyone makes negative comments.

That is why all you see are people raving about the cuteness. Very poor business practice, very customer unfriendly and all around shady company. My advice is stay far away from them. The low prices are not worth it.

I will update after I receive the dress.I am concerned about the quality after reading other reviews about the color and quality.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service
    • Service
    • That you were not upfront with the delivery date

Reason of review:
Screaming Owl Shabby Chic Dress
Review category
Kids' Stores
review #818845 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Screaming Owl? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
76 of 323 Screaming Owl reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Screaming Owl. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Screaming Owl.
Filing a new complaint about
×